Oxford Bank & Trust is looking for a Teller/Banker Level 1 for the branch located at 13440 S. Route 59 in Plainfield (intersection of 135th St. and Route 59). The Teller/Banker Level 1 is an entry level position and the perfect place to begin a career in banking. This position performs basic teller duties as well as light personal banking duties, while recognizing sales and referral opportunities. If you are an enthusiastic and service-oriented individual, interested in personal and professional growth, Oxford Bank may be the place for you. As an employee of Oxford Bank & Trust, you become part of an organization that is committed to its customers, employees, and the communities in which we do business.
The ideal candidate will have impeccable customer service and interpersonal skills which includes having ENERGY, EXCITEMENT & ENTHUSIASM!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work well in a team spirited environment
- Complete basic math functions confidently and correctly
- Ability to sell and cross sell products and services
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Word & Outlook
- Perform job functions accurately with consistent high attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an upbeat, positive attitude with coworkers and customers
- Professional written and verbal skills
- Strong listening skills and ability to make sound decisions
- Self motivated
- Must be able to work a 40 hour per week flexible schedule that will vary from week to week
- Provide a great banking experience for each customer and visitor
- Welcome and connect with everyone on a personal level
- Demonstrate and adjust the level of “The 3 E’s” (Energy, Enthusiasm & Excitement) appropriately
- Constantly exercise confidentiality with customer information
- Professionally assist customers by accurately processing transactions
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verify amounts, identifications and endorsements, issue receipts of deposit
- Cash checks and perform savings withdrawals, verify fund availability
- Securely maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Assist with end of business day procedures
- Balance the ATM and vault
- Open and close branch with dual control according to procedures
- Answer basic customer inquiries
- Open select deposit accounts: checking, savings, money market, and CD’s
- Ability to process and submit wire transfers
- Perform account maintenance i.e. change of address, title changes, name changes, etc.
- Take appropriate action to resolve customer disputes and concerns
- Complete assigned side work diligently
- Sell, cross sell, make referrals and expand customer relationships
- Serve as a certified Notary Public
- Participate regularly and effectively as a branch “greeter” and “quarterback” for daily “huddles” and in other elements of Oxford Bank’s retail strategy
- Actively participate in various committees and meetings
- Share in team building activities
- Actively participate in Oxford events at various locations
- Travel to all Oxford facilities for training and meetings as assigned
- Live the Oxford Retail Expectations and Core Values
- Accommodate a flexible work schedule
- Comply with Oxford Bank & Trust policies, procedures and regulatory policies
- Complete all Bank training including all assigned Compliance online training
- Other duties as assigned
Oxford Bank & Trust is open 6 days a week during the following hours. Applicants must be available for work anytime within the hours of operation.
Weekdays 7:45 am - 6:15 pm
Saturdays 7:45 am - 3:15 pm
Professional appearance is required for this highly visible position.
All applicants MUST APPLY IN PERSON at 13440 S. Route 59, Plainfield, IL 60585
(The branch is located in front of Jewel, near the intersection of 135th St & Rte. 59 in Plainfield.)
Resumes submitted to Oxford Bank & Trust will not be reviewed.
*Oxford Bank & Trust is required to perform Credit & Criminal history reports as well as Drug Testing on any candidate that a pending offer of employment is extended to. Personal Credit Must Be Good.
Physical Demands and Condition Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job this individual is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, talk, hear, use their hands and fingers (manual dexterity), use a telephone, and occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Oxford Bank & Trust will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Oxford Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Oxford Bank & Trust is a Drug Free Workplace.