Oxford Bank & Trust is a Community Bank that has been providing quality banking products and services for over 110 years. At Oxford, we are committed to delivering a great banking experience to each and every customer while making each customer’s financial life better. To deliver on that promise, we hire the most talented professionals in the financial services industry. Oxford Bank is looking for an experienced Senior Credit Analyst to join our Credit team.
The Senior Credit Analyst position is responsible for analysis and monitoring the credit worthiness of the commercial portfolio. This is primarily a support position that entails working with other Senior Credit Analysts, Credit Analysts, Officers and Commercial Lending personnel in providing credit risk analysis, financial statement analysis, collateral control and monitoring, commercial loan underwriting, preparation of credit proposals and other required duties and tasks. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three years hands on experience in traditional C&I, Commercial Construction and Commercial Mortgage loan structures and relevant covenants. The Senior Credit Analyst demonstrates proven skills in financial statement spreading and review, knowledge of credit agency reports, cash flow analysis, leverage and debt repayment capacity, collateral valuation, corporate structures and ownership issues, risk evaluation, and other necessary skills. Excellent customer service needs to be provided to both internal and external customers while adhering to Oxford’s Core Values.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements to email@example.com or fax 630.424.2925.
- Prepare credit proposal narratives for approval from senior and executive management. Outline the risks & mitigating factors of a credit facility based upon an analysis of business & personal financial statements, collateral, global cash flow, economic & industry factors, debt service capacity, loan grades and projected outlooks.
- Prepare complex credit proposals in a complete and concise underwriting narrative document.
- Spread and analyze personal and business financial information. Prepare cash flow charts and global cash flows, test covenants and determine collateral coverage position.
- Identify emerging risk issues & trends while staying abreast of changes in market conditions.
- Recommend supportable risk ratings for new loans & renewals to manage borrower portfolio risk in a manner consistent with Bank philosophy.
- Perform loan & portfolio level stress testing of financial results, collateral and credit variables.
- Order and review appraisals as needed on restricted assignments and/or residential properties.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service.
- Attain professional training and development activities.
- Prepare various reports for the department, lending teams, senior management or the board.
- Take minutes for various loan meetings.
- Accompany lenders on customer calls as needed.
- Adhere to all state, federal and Bank policies, procedures and regulations. Staying abreast of regulatory, policy and procedural requirements to ensure compliance throughout the underwriting process.
- Complete all Bank training including all assigned Compliance online training.
- Understand and adhere to Oxford Bank & Trust’s Core Values.
- Participation in Bank committees, Bank sponsored events and/or community service organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. (MBA or advanced degree a plus but not required)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in traditional C&I, Commercial Construction and Commercial Mortgage loan structures and relevant covenants.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently. Good time management skills required to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines and work proficiently in a time sensitive environment. Willingness to work additional hours to accommodate workload deadlines.
- Exceptional figure aptitude with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to work positively and independently in a team environment. Must be self-motivated but also able to follow directions.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to interact tactfully and efficiently with teammates and co-workers on a professional level.
- Maturity and discretion to handle conflicts and confidential information.
- Knowledge of regulations and procedures as they relate to commercial lending.
- Must be proficient in a wide variety of computer software programs including Microsoft Office application suite.
For additional information about Oxford Bank & Trust please visit www.oxford.bank/about/careers
Physical Demands and Condition Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job this individual is regularly required to walk, sit, talk, hear, use their hands and fingers (manual dexterity), use a telephone, push , pull, press, and occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and use a stepping stool. Specific vision abilities required by this position include, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Oxford Bank & Trust will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Candidates for hire will undergo Background Checks including,
employment, education, credit & criminal, as well as Drug Testing.
Applicants must have a good credit history to be considered for this position.
Oxford Bank & Trust is a Drug Free Workplace.
Oxford Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.