Oxford Bank & Trust is looking for a Teller, Banker Level 1 for the branch located at 13440 S. Route 59 (in front of Jewel, at the intersection of 135th Street & Route 59) in Plainfield. This is an entry level position and the perfect place to begin a career in banking! This position performs basic teller duties as well as light personal banking duties, while recognizing sales and referral opportunities. Tellers receive excellent training onsite at the branch during regular work hours. If you are an enthusiastic and service-oriented individual, interested in personal and professional growth, Oxford Bank may be the place for you. As an employee of Oxford Bank & Trust, you become part of an organization that is committed to its customers, employees, and the communities in which we do business.
The ideal candidate will have impeccable customer service and interpersonal skills which includes having ENERGY, EXCITEMENT & ENTHUSIASM!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work well in a team spirited environment
- Complete basic math functions confidently and correctly
- Ability to sell and cross sell products and services
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Word & Outlook
- Perform job functions accurately with consistent high attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an upbeat, positive attitude with coworkers and customers
- Professional written and verbal skills
- Strong listening skills and ability to make sound decisions
- Self motivated
- Must be able to work a 40 hour per week flexible schedule that will vary from week to week
- Welcome Oxford customers, provide a Raving Banking Experience and connect with each customer at a personal level
- Securely maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, process withdrawals, verify identifications, endorsements, and fund availability, issue receipts of deposit, etc.
- Balance the ATM, and vault with accuracy and efficiency
- Answer basic customer questions
- Open checking, savings, money market and CD deposit accounts
- Sell and cross sell products, make referrals and expand customer relationships
- Open and close the branch with dual control according to procedures
- Perform account maintenance (change of address, title changes, name changes etc.)
- Process and submit wire transfers
- Train Teller staff members
- Understand & comply with Bank policies and procedures and applicable laws & regulations
- Serve as a certified Notary Public
- Constantly exercise confidentiality with customer information
- Participate as a greeter and leader of daily huddles
- Play an active role in Oxford customer events, bank committees, and festivities
Oxford Bank & Trust is open 6 days a week during the following hours. Applicants must be available for work anytime within the hours of operation.
Weekdays 7:45 am - 6:15 pm
Saturdays 7:45 am - 3:15 pm
Professional appearance is required for this highly visible position.
All applicants MUST APPLY IN PERSON at 13440 S. Route 59, Plainfield, IL 60585
(The branch is located in front of Jewel, near the intersection of 135th St & Rte. 59 in Plainfield.)
Resumes submitted to Oxford Bank & Trust will not be reviewed.
Oxford Bank offers a competitive benefit package for full time employees.
Candidates for hire will undergo Background Checks including, employment, education, credit & criminal.
*Applicants must have a good credit history to be considered for this position.
Drug Testing, including Hair & Urine. Oxford Bank & Trust is a Drug Free Workplace
Physical Demands and Condition Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job this individual is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, talk, hear, use their hands and fingers (manual dexterity), use a telephone, and occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Oxford Bank & Trust will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Oxford Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Oxford Bank & Trust is a Drug Free Workplace.