Oxford Bank & Trust has an exciting new opening for a Jr. Underwriter in our Consumer Lending Department. The Jr. Underwriter is responsible for the day-to-day underwriting support of all Manufactured Home loan products offered by Oxford Bank & Trust. The Jr. Underwriter analyzes, evaluates, approves and/or recommends approval in accordance with the bank’s consumer lending policy. Knowledge of lending/compliance regulations, underwriting guidelines and credit qualifications is required. This person completes the full underwriting process, including the preparation of documents, analysis of data and credit history, as well as reviewing required documentation for consumer loan products. This position works closely with our senior underwriters and other department staff and requires a hands on strategic approach to support both direct and indirect consumer loan applicants. The Consumer Lending Department prides itself on building strong relationships with our indirect loan sources and providing exceptional customer service.
If this sounds like the position that you have been looking for keep reading!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ Underwriting experience in the Banking or Finance industry
- Knowledgeable about all phases of loan documentation
- Current knowledge of State & Federal lending laws
- Strong understanding of standard loan documentation and guidelines including, income verification, purchase contracts, credit reports, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret credit reports
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws as they apply to consumer lending
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory rules and guidelines
- Well organized and able to work in a very rapid moving environment
- Results driven
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain professional relationships with customers, and colleagues
- Professional phone skills and proven ability to assist customers in the Oxford way
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Work independently and meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate a team player attitude
- LaserPro/DecisionPro experience is a plus
- Collections skills are a plus
- Make final decisions regarding credit approval/denial in accordance with Bank loan policy:
- Verify information on loan applications for accuracy against supporting documentation
- Analyze documentation: credit reports, personal financial statements, personal/business tax returns, etc. to determine borrowers’ creditworthiness
- Underwrite and process Consumer loan applications ensuring adherence to the Bank’s loan and credit policies
- Review and clear loan conditions on approved loan applications
- Consider alternatives or restructuring of loans not meeting the consumer lending policy as presented
- Interact and build relationships with internal and external Bank staff, dealers and applicants
- Prepare various departmental reports as requested by department head
- Manage confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner
- Assist and support outside manufactured housing staff
- Provide support with collections when needed
- Comply with State & Federal lending laws and regulations as well as all of Oxford Bank & Trust’s policies and procedures
- Complete all bank training including all assigned online compliance training
- Understand, promote and adhere to Oxford Bank’s Core Values
- Other duties as assigned
Oxford Bank offers a competitive benefit package for Full Time Employees including Medical Insurance, Teledoc, Dental Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and more.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter & resume, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 630.424.2925.
Candidates for hire will undergo Background Checks including, employment, education, credit & criminal as well as Drug Testing (including hair and urine).
Oxford Bank & Trust is a Drug Free Workplace
*Applicants must have a good credit history to be considered for this position.
Physical Demands and Condition Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job this position this individual is regularly required to walk, sit, talk, hear, use their hands, fingers, wrists (manual dexterity), use a telephone, send text messages, and occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Oxford Bank & Trust will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Oxford Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.